Have you always wanted to try kayaking but not known where to start? Or have you tried it and want to take it further?
River Canoe Club is Australia’s longest running canoe club with over 80 years of paddling adventures.
The club invites you to share these adventures, the best way to start is via the River Canoe Club Beginners Program. Held over three days the program will introduce you to kayaking, teach you the core paddling skills, posture as well as self-rescue techniques to give you the skills, confidence and self-sufficiency to paddle on one of the club’s flatwater trips.
- Introduction to Kayaking Equipment
- Basic paddle strokes
- Correct Posture
- Practise the core paddling skills in a protected area
- Practise wet exits and self-rescue
- Apply your new skills on a club day trip somewhere around Sydney
WhenSee the Home Page or Calendar for the latest dates, or Contact email@example.com for more details.
CostFREE to New Members. Check out the following link on Joining the River Canoe Club
Note it only costs $124 to join for the year or only $55 if you are already a member of Paddle NSW
What is included:
- Equipment Hire for the three days (usually $30/day)
- Instruction from experienced club members and/or Australian Canoeing qualified instructors
What you will need to bring:
- Your own food and water bottle
- Shoes that will get wet
- Hat, Suncreen
- Clothes for paddling, (synthetic cloths dry quicker than cotton which will stay wet and cold for longer)
- Change of Clothes for afterwards